You're reading this because you're intrigued about what a universities' graduate programme has to offer you. A leadership career in the university sector is perhaps not something you've thought of before. However, for ambitious and talented graduates, it should be a very significant and appealing prospect.
The university sector is one of the most innovative, vibrant and exciting environments in which to build your future career. If you're looking for a graduate programme that leads to a highly successful and dynamic career in an entrepreneurial, global business, The Graduate Programme for University Leadership is it.
Are you ready for a career in a world of discovery?
This cutting-edge programme will show you how the challenging and stimulating business of a university operates. You'll meet some of the most talented people in the country, if not the world, and gain an inside view into the sector's management and business processes. A key aspect of your training will see you working alongside a diverse range of partners, from students and employers to funding bodies and commercial organisations.
It's the opportunity to contribute to a life you have already experienced and enjoyed, and make a difference to the learning of future generations of students. What's more, you'll be working at the heart of fast-paced and world-leading commercial organisations that, rather unusually, are not primarily motivated by profit-making.
What's so great about the scheme is that it exposes you to the exciting world a career in Higher Education can offer - one which supports and encourages you to build on your skills, interests and knowledge without the types of restrictions that can be faced elsewhere.Hayley Simpson, UCL Trainee
The best thing about the jobs I have done in Higher Education is the opportunity to work with academics who are world leaders in their field, simply because it means every day brings a new challenge and that there is always a level of unstoppable passion and enthusiasm in what we are trying to achieve together.Geoff Green, Director of Administration in the College of Science & Engineering University of Leicester
One of the most recent and exciting developments in the university sector is its increasing global outlook. That's why the programme will expose you to the many global dimensions you could encounter in your future career - be it the growing number of international campuses, international members of staff or international students who choose to study in the UK. And, while it's not guaranteed, you may also have the opportunity to represent your home university at an international campus or event during the course of the programme.
- Opening Date for Applications: 5th August 2013
- Closing Date for Applications: 20th September 2013
- Start Date: 6th January 2014
- Duration: 15 months
- Location: Two placements at your home university and one placement at a different university.
- Eligibility: You must have graduated from one of the partner universities (undergraduate or postgraduate degree), with a 2.1 in the last five years. You must be eligible to work in the UK for the length of the programme.
- Degree required: Any
- Salary: Starting salary of £24,520 - £26,779 (depending on institution)
- Benefits: Flexible working, the possibility of working abroad, a paid for professional qualification, high quality training and two years' free membership of the Association of University Administrators.